Fresh, light, seasonal and best of all fast and easy!! The perfect summer dish to add to your menu this weekend!
Organic Zucchini Spaghetti with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 large zucchini (1 per person) ends trimmed and spiralized with a julienne peeler or spiralizer
- grape, cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced and seeds removed (optional)
- pea shoots (optional)
- zest of one meyer lemon or regular lemon
Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- 1 medium avocado
- ½ a cucumber, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 8 leaves of fresh basil
- Sea salt & fresh ground organic pepper to taste
*Halved cherry tomatoes & basil leaves for garnish.
After making zucchini pasta noodles julienne style or spiralized, add all the sauce ingredients into a food processor/blender and process until creamy. Taste for flavor adding anything extra you might like.
Toss zucchini spaghetti with avocado-cucumber sauce. Serve over a bed of arugula and serve with tomatoes, peas shoots, jalapenos, lemon zest, lemon wedges and fresh cracked pepper. Toss and garnish with cherry tomatoes and basil. I recommend using all organic ingredients!