Everyone seemed so intrigued and inspired yesterday by my homemade detox vitamin water, I felt I needed to write a post about it and the benefits, so here you go…
The blend is an all natural alternative to the artificial commercial vitamin waters on the market. It’s color-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free and alkaline. It’s simple, cheap and fun to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way with major healing benefits. Yesterday’s combination was all about Pure Vitamin C. The vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C using natural citrus fruits, Pink Himalayan Salt and a scoop of L-Ascorbic acid powder (pure crystallized vitamin C) it’s an ideal way to boost your immunity or just keep your body empowered. This is also an excellent combination to facilitate in detox and weight loss. It helps your liver detoxify and can do the job it was meant to do – detoxify and metabolize your body.
Some health benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals:
- Controlling the water levels within the body, regulating them for proper functioning
- Promoting stable pH balance in the cells, including the brain.
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Promoting cellular hydroelectric energy creation
- Promoting the increased absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Lowering incidence of sinus problems, and promoting over-all sinus health
- Reducing muscle cramps
- Increasing bone strength
- Naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns
- Creating a healthy libido
- Prevents cellulite, when compared to table salt
- Reduces chances of developing kidney and gall bladder stones when compared to common chemically-treated salt
LIL C Detox Water
1/2 Grapefruit + 1/2 Freshly squeezed Grapefruit Juice -Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice contains high amounts of Vitamin C, which helps your body detoxify naturally.
1/2 Lime (sliced thin)
1/2 Lemon (sliced thin)
1/2 Orange or Tangerine (sliced thin)
5 Kumquats (halved) Full of antioxidants, minerals (copper, calcium, potassium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganeses), and lots of fiber. Contain polyphenols in them like green tea and beta-carotene for your immune system. Packed with vitamins A, B’s, C, and E important for energy and for boosting your metabolism and for keeping away depression.
Handful of Fresh Parsley or Cilantro (stems and leaves) Both are highly cleansing for the kidneys, aids in removing toxins and heavy metals.
2 tsp L-Ascorbic Vitamin C Powder Crystals
2 Pinches of Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
24 oz of Essentia Alkaline Water (or Purified water + 1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice)
1. Juice grapefruit and add to a large 24 oz l glass, mason jar or BPA Free Training Bottle and add remaining ingredients and stir
2. Refrigerate for 4 hour
3. All ingredients can be found in Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods Market
4. Feel free to sweeten( if you must) you can use 1tbsp of Manuka raw honey(one of the best and has anti-bacterial properties) to taste.
See you in the box,
Claudia Monteleone, CHHC, AADP, RYT